Saturday, January 17, 2009

Piercing Post


It finally happened! Little B got her little ears pierced today, she has been asking us for 2 years. She talked about it all week and asked if she could PLEASE have it done before her 4th birthday.......after lots and lots and lots and lots of talking it through with her (and without her) we decided to let her do it. The girls were so good with her and showed her everything they would do, I felt her tensing up when they got the ear guns ready....a quick little click and it was all over. She nestled her head in my chest for a moment then jumped down and said, "I'm ready to pick out some new earrings, come on mommy let's look." Whew. I just can't believe how well she took it, thank goodness two girls did it at the same time ...that is the key to the madness for sure.
Hope you all have a nice Sunday! Love you guys..

I read about baby girl Harper late last night, please visit her mommy's site. She and her family need our prayers. See the button in the upper right hand side of my page, drop her a comment and let her know you are praying for her baby. Thank you

11 comments:

Rosemarie said...

That's awesome! I'm sure you were relieved when she just jumped down off the chair and started looking.

We had the girls' ears pierced when they wer 4 months old - their pediatrician did it. Thank goodness - my girls are wusses and would never be able to handle it now!

WV: aeranapr
... Seriously???

morewineplease said...

that is so sweet! And I love the pic of you 2!
Diva turns 4 in June... mamma is not reading for earrings... hopefully she wont ask

Mandy Rose said...

WOW!! How brave!! I love that she's already sooo in to accessories!

jen said...

Check out my blog archive for Kate's piercing experience

Abby said...

How fun! I'm glad she did such a good job!

Anonymous said...

I that picture of you two. I am so glad that she was brave during it. I think I cried like a baby! :o)

Impulsive Addict said...

Awww..cute pic!!

You could have done the piercing at home with a potato like one of my friends had to do! Cheap parents I guess! LOL!

Abbi said...

aw...that's cool!!
we're praying for baby harper!

Anniebanannie said...

YAY! What a big girl. I know that has to be so much fun.

I checked out the website of baby Harper and they are def. in my prayers. Thanks for sending their story out.

Multislacking Mama said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!
Congrats B!

LLM got hers done at 3mo's. BLM does not have hers done. She's not trying to get her ears pierced.

michelle matthews said...

Soooo cute! I bet that was such a fun mommy daughter moment!