Friday, January 16, 2009

Help

I bought this for the Christmas season and thought it was GREAT, plus it was 1/2 off; which made it even GREAT-ER! Here's my thought though, this is still on my wall and I don't want to take her down and put her away. So, I am going to paint it and let her stay with us all year. Here is where you come in. I would like help with WHAT to paint. Here are my thoughts....

1. Paint her all black with a little distressing
2. Paint her all black, distress and then put a nice fleur de lis in the center
3. Paint her whatever color, place a big B in the center (for Baker of course)
4. Paint it solid and paint a quote on it..........my quote I'm thinking of right now is...."Let me go take a nap and cry all day because I'm hormonal"

Send thoughts my way and DO NOT FORGET TO ...FOR THE LOVE OF PETE.... VISIT MY POST BELOW.......OK, THANKS!



12 comments:

Rosemarie said...

For the love of Pete I read both posts! (Pete? Where's my love?)

I think you should definitely dress up - and perhaps be a fairy godmother or - OR - a chef. That way you can still get all the food done and be in costume. Take tons of pictures!

I vote for a combo of 1, 2 and 3. Distress black. Light grey fleur de lis in center. Over that, the letter B in a complimentary color to your home.

(One of my WV's the other day was ... wait for it ... coment. Yeah it was!)

Katy said...

Wonderful plan RM... loving the idea of all 3, see this is why I asked for help.

Kacey said...

Love the idea of painting and distressing it. Because I am TOTALLY anal and would be afraid to write something myself, I would check out vinyl decals on Etsy. You know I love me some decals! You could do the fleur de lis or your name. I lean more toward your name because you say the Baker 5 like I say the Randolph 5 but thats me just being selfish. LOL Linc is waking up but I'll be sure to check out your post below today! {{HUGS}}

Something In The Glass said...

Black, distressed. Simple and classy.

You're tagged, sweet thang, go see my blog

Anonymous said...

I am agreeing with the black & distressed!

Impulsive Addict said...

I know you don't mean for me to comment on this (since I can't even decorate my own casa) but I like to leave comments on my fav blogs so I'll just say that...
(1)I have NO FREAKIN' IDEA what "fleur de lis" is!
(2)The word "Distresing" stresses me out b/c it's another word that I don't know the definition of.
(3)Why not just save it for next Christmas so you don't have to do anything to it?

WV are totally sucking lately!

Impulsive Addict said...

Oops! Note to self: Always spell check before sending comments.

It should say "Distressing stresses me out". Sorry.

KrissyBo. said...

I love the Fleur de Lis or "B" idea...or even both!! :)

Sarah and Jack said...

I vote for monogram, with whatever color.

Multislacking Mama said...

Me Vote:
Black, distress, fleur de lis. But i like all over your ideas!


I'm so tired.

Browns said...

I like the black with a little distressing and the big B

Lorie said...

I have to vote for all black with distressing.