Thursday, October 30, 2008

dark nails for little handles


As soon as B saw my newly painted goth nails, she asked me to paint hers. I love her little handles, they are so sweet...see that thumb, she still sucks it (almost 4 yrs. old). I rarely paint that thumb b/c of the thumb sucking, but she begged for me too.
When B was born she had "trigger thumb", the thumb was bent and stuck at the knuckle. I didn't even notice it for about a week after bringing her home from the hospital. I took her to a hand surgeon and he said the tendons were frozen; which caused the thumb to not move out of position. He also said to come back in a year b/c they work themselves out sometimes. Well, little sister began sucking her little trigger thumb soon after and she worked it out. I remember nursing her every evening before bed and I would sit and rub and pull on her thumb while she was relaxed...that may have helped as well.
I just love little hands and feet! Don't you? Have a loverly day ya hear, kb

10 comments:

Kim said...

Little hands and feet are the best. I heard some advice years ago that always comes in handy when I get frustrated with Mini Mike. Looking at their tiny hands/feet (or picture them when they WERE tiny) puts it all in perspective and makes it hard to be angry at something that sweet.

Katy said...

True, sweet advice. I like it. How is LS, have you heard?

KrissyBo. said...

Aww, look at that sweet little hand dolled up with momma's pretty polish. :) I love baby hands and piggies! :)

Kacey said...

SO sweet! I can't wait to paint Ruby Jane's nails. *SIGH*

No, I have not done a THING with my bedroom and it SO needs it. Yes, we need to inspire eachother. Maybe we can start pulling tear sheets for one another and the mail them? That way we cna both keep them in a file...you know to stew on. Ha! Ha! And still take forever to actually DO something! Ha! Ha! Shoot me an email when you get a chance, you can get it from my profile. :o)

michelle matthews said...

Awwwwe...I love this little story. Very sweet. I love the part of you nursing and massaging her lil thumb. THey are precious! I just photgraphed Luke's feet yesterday as he was on a chair playing in the kitchen sink. So cute!

Kim said...

I talked to LS today. She is doing better. She's been through a lot and deserves a break!

morewineplease said...

you are soooo sweet! I love little hands and feet too, it's the big feet that make me a little ill!

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Awwwwwwwww! Those are PRECIOUS! You're such a good mommy, you know that? XO

Rosemarie said...

Hey! Found your blog through "Mabel's House" - my girls love when I paint their toes. Pink. They'll say, "I want PINK toes" all squeaky-like. Can't resist!

Multislacking Mama said...

Love those hands. How cute. Bite them for me. They look delish.