Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Master Bedroom Finally Finished....

This pic. was suppose to go at the end ....but oh well.
I had decided to paint the background of my built in vanity...this color is Bamboo.

The room started out white and went to a light blue that just didn't work for me.


More of the light blue that didn't work and pieces of furniture that didn't work where I had them.



Several colors on the wall....what shall I choose?




I went with Mercer Blue (Valspar Paint: Eddie Bauer). I found some window treatments at Ross that were inexpensive. I also found some nice rods and finials at Hobby Lobby that were also on sale. :)





I painted the background behind the built in shelves a chocolate brown color, the built in had doors on them and I removed them several months ago. I like the depth of the shelves w/ the dark color.






Next came tassels, I love tassels. I pulled the curtains together with a tassel for a more custom look. See the drawers in the built in vanity: I changed that color to Bungalow Gold (Valspar Paint: Eddie Bauer), this color looked much better with the curtain panels. The lamp on the bedside table was found in a hall closet, it needs some pretty books stuck underneath it for height.







Bedding was changed to the Boathouse Collection from Ralph Lauren, I waited forever for it to go on sale. I mix and match this comforter with some older Ralph floral sheets I have and some striped sheets and sometimes Ralph leopard. The green silky quilted shams and coverlet at the end of the bed help add a layered look (from Wal-Mart a couple of years ago).
Some to these pics. you have seen before, but I wanted to show you the befores and afters.
Have a lovely day friends!!
Coming up and hopefully I won't take too long to show you....
1. I'll show you what I did with the wooden star that I repainted.
2. I'm doing a makeover on a chair for my entry way.






17 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE that blue!!! Your room looks GREAT!!

The Soladay Family said...

Love that blue...looks very calming!

Anonymous said...

You did an excellent job!! The entire room looks so inviting!

Shannon said...

It looks great! I love that blue color and the plates of course are awesome. :) Love it!

Something In The Glass said...

Love, love, love the J and the K on the wall. That looks fantastic!

Dawn said...

Very nicely done. I love the paint color.

Liz Harrell said...

BEAUTIFUL! It looks so restful and elegant!

morewineplease said...

You have skilz my friend! Great job on the room!

Browns said...

Looks divine!

Jill said...

Very nice. I have a blue dining room and a blue sofa sectional in my keeping room and it is so calming....enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I love it! It looks so calm and relaxing!

michelle matthews said...

Beautiful! Love it Katy! You did so good!

Multislacking Mama said...

Yes, you picked the right color and it looks fab! I love that baby in the bed. What a nice decor touch!

You've been busy!

Impulsive Addict said...

Okay..my blogging friends have to STOP this maddness of craftiness! It's doing NOTHING for my poor self-esteem. I just told Soladay that I may have to reacquaint myself with anti-depressants to make myself feel worthy again.

But it looks good!

The Rambler said...

WOW, can you come over and do my room?

You did a GREAT job!

Maggie said...

Your room looks great!! The blue and the plates are awesome

Melody! said...

All pretty! This is inspiration for me to girlie up my boudoir! I must say!