Wednesday, February 4, 2009

BIG NEWS, little news!!

little (use to be Isaiah b/c he didn't know his name anyway) Cowboy in my arms. BIG Agnus (she likes to be called Aggie) standing with her head on me.
Our Samantha sweetheart that is 12 years old....love this hot dog mama!!



Big Aggie and Little Cowboy! Aren't they so fun! They give each other comfort.

B holding her little man Cowboy. Ya'll he's so funny and pretty mild for a puppy.



Ohhhhhh, the Aggie love! She made herself right at home on our den couches.



Jeff called me today and had me look at a dog on a site for rescued animals. He wanted me to look at AGNUS, a solid black Great Dane...I thought she was gorgeous!!! I called her foster mom and began asking questions. Evidently Agnus was basically pushed aside and left to die after her owners got the puppies they wanted out of her. (they wanted the money out of the puppies to be exact) When the rescue shelter got her, she was only 75 lbs.; which is too thin for a 2 yr. old dog of this breed. (Her foster mommy got her up to 100) I immediately said, "Yes, of course I'll take her." The foster mom sort of paused, like she was sort of surprised that I said yes and she started telling me about this sweet little 11 week old Dachshund (mix). She proceeds to tell me that the Doxie was almost killed by some big dogs and some children found him and they got him help. Ok, I'm feeling pretty sad by this point and then she starts telling me that she just doesn't want to seperate them...............the Doxie (named Isaiah) thinks Agnus is his mommy. I pause, I think. "Mam, I'll send my husband there at 4:00 I bet he'll probably get them both." She about hugs me through the phone. .............





As I sit here typing, I have my German Sheppard at my feet and Agnus (Aggie) and Isaiah (Cowboy) are on the love seat behind me. I love them all. How could I say NO to the love these two have for one another.





12 comments:

Jen said...

How WONDERFUL!!! You did such a wonderful thing today :-) I bet your kiddies are going to love them :-)

Browns said...

Oh Katy--you have a heart of gold!

Impulsive Addict said...

I'm pretty sure I didn't spill water on my face. These must be tears in my eyes. How sweet! I want to rescue another dog!!

Miss JC said...

I am already in love with my new nephew and niece. Addie wants their numbers so she can start texting them immediately. I had to take Penelope's phone away from her because she would not stop scratching the couch...I think I need to get more sleep at night!

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

You do have such a big heart, sister. Look at all that doggy goodness!

Anonymous said...

Katy, that is just the sweetest thing! You have done the most wonderful thing by giving those doggies a good home. I hope your new family members bring many years of joy!

Yellow Beads said...

I want a doggie so bad and hubby says no! :(

Sasha said...

They are gorgeous! Congrats on the new additions to the Katy family!

Anonymous said...

Awe, how cute. I would have done the same thing. Cowboy is a cutie.

Leanna said...

OMG Katy! You gave me goose bumps and bout made me cry!! Thanks a lot! I love doggies too and wish i could save them all. V was rescued from a shelter too.

They are all gorgeous! I bet Aggie just thinks she's a little dog (doesn't realize her size), huh?

Ok...got the date but is it 10:30 or 11:30? :) and I thought you were gonna email me??

Multislacking Mama said...

STOP IT WITH THIS! I have the puppy feevah and you did not help it!

Agnus is a beauty queen! Look at how regal she is! I would be all over her with hugs all of the time.

Issaiah is a tweetie!

Samantha looks as though she is quite tolorant of the whole thing.

Kisses and God Loves You for saving these precious lives.

Mandy Rose said...

AWWWW how awesome are you!!! I have a soft spot for neglected dogs. Seriously, if I had the money I would start my own no kill shelter! The dogs you got are too adorable!! I am so glad you are giving them a loving home. Lucky them!