Tuesday, February 10, 2009

{Join Me Once a Month for Family Time}


The kids helped me make pizza, actually they pretty much did it themselves with my direction.







Tent time for the boys!


Watching a movie.






Sister B loves changing her clothes at least 20 times a day, (I don't let her do it all of the time, but I couldn't resist this outfit she pulled together.)








Stirrin the dough for the pizza.








When Tuesday Whitt passed away from Cancer I felt like there had to be something that I could do to honor her. So, I asked Chelsea with Aqua Poppy Designs (she designed my blog for me) to help me come up with a button to honor Tuesday. My first thought was to spend more quality time with my family and then it hit me....once a month I will post about our "Family Night or day or weekend" and you can participate as well. Link up and you can share your "Family Time" as well. I think it is very important for children to really feel that family connection, whether it's making dinner together, watching a movie together (uninterrupted by other distractions), playing outside together, etc.



Cora is another little girl (just 10 months old) that just passed away this past weekend from cancer, my thoughts and prayers are with her family right now. I'm also dedicating this post to her.



Life is too short to NOT spend quality time with our family, I want my children to know that they are a blessing and not a burden. I hope you enjoy our pics. and don't forget to link up yours as well. Join me next month when I do this again. If you want to use not so recent pictures to show us what you do as a family, feel free to share.



Thank you and have a lovely day!


Here's a real kicker for ya....I can't figure out Mr. Linky right now, so if you'd like to participate, take the button and comment telling me that you've posted about your Family Time. Thanks. Maybe Mr. Linky and I can get a little more acquainted for next months post.
























12 comments:

KrissyBo. said...

What a wonderful tribute!! I have been so deeply saddened by little Tuesday's death as well as Cora's. I have not cried this much in a long, long time. Life is just too short, and we must do better to devote our free time to family and making more memories together. :) I'm grabbing your button now!! ((Hugs))

Kacey said...

You know I think this is such a fabulous idea! It looks like the kids had a ball. And I am so lovin' the outfit Sister B put together. I'll be using it as fashion inspiration this Spring for sure.

I'm so glad you'll be doing this once a month and you know I'll be participating! We're going to go get supplies today for some Happy Heart Projects today. Woohoo!

Miss JC said...

I love those babies so much. Seeing little M in the background while they were making pizzas almost made me cry! I can't until Friday to be reunited and meet my new niece Aggie and nephew Cowboy.

michelle matthews said...

Awwwwe! Katy! You are TOO SWEET! What a wonderful idea!
I will have to figure out all this link stuff and add your buttons!
Super cute pics of your adorable kiddos!

morewineplease said...

you are awesome... I love this and I am on board... i cry every time I go to that blog!

love ya!

Anonymous said...

Katy,

You are absolutely the sweetest. I feel so sad for the families of both of these girls. I can't begin to imagine what they are going through.

I love your family time pictures. That pizza looks wonderful.

Multislacking Mama said...

That is so sweet, I love the button and it is a fabulous idea. You are full up of fabulous!

The pizza looks delish!

Fix dat van, bring the kids over. Let's have some beverlies.

Shhhhhhh.... do not tell a soul, but we are getting a puppy for Valentine's Day.

We're going to have a lab trifecta! One in each color!

Anonymous said...

I love your idea and we will most definitely be participating!

you can see how we honored little Tuesday today at my blog.

godzchyld.blogspot.com

Browns said...

great idea my friend--life is to short--we do need to just appreciate each other and the small things.

Impulsive Addict said...

So since I don't have any childrens, shall I post pics of M and I around the house playing tag and hide the sausage?

Shannon Strong said...

This is such a great idea, and you can count us in as well! Between Tuesday and Cora...I have learned to really cherish every moment I have with Bray...every memory. I can only pray for Tuesday and Coras families-it's heartbreaking. This is wonderful way to pay the love forward within our own families and to honor these beautiful little girls. Awesome stuff Katy. Good idea.

Leanna said...

You are the sweetest!

I will LOVE inking up! Just remind me when it's time...time gets away from me SO easy dealing with the boys (especially Roo). Roo really opened our eyes to the importance of showing the love every day.

Love the pics!