Monday, April 27, 2009

Tornado Weekend

We had an EF 3 tornado come through our small town this past weekend, actually 2 tornadoes. The kids and I and several friends went to our basement with lots of pillows and blankets. We also had our 3 dogs and a friends dog; which so happened to be "in heat".....so, Cowboy (our smallest dog) was "on point" the ENTIRE time we were down there so we had to keep the two away from each other. NICE. We were out of power for almost 24 hours. Uck.
Anyway, all is well now but if you'd like to take a look at the video of the damage, it is here. Jeff is a volunteer firemen (and storm watcher/chaser) and actually in the video, but you cannot see his face.

13 comments:

Multislacking Mama said...

Didn't know that the t-word came to your town until last night on the news. It can be scary for the little ones to bunker down. At least the dogs were there to distract!

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

How scary. I'm so glad you guys are all okay!
~Michelle

Something In The Glass said...

Man, I miss tornado season.

Glad you are all okay, and hope there won't be any new additions to the family in the form of puppies.... :o)

Mandy Rose said...

So glad you are safe!! I am terrified of storms!! I will be glad when we have a basement in our new house!! Right now we flee to the bathtub...which doesn't seem very safe to me. haha!

Liz Harrell said...

Wow. I'm so glad you guys are ok. I miss my parents basement. I hate living in tornado alley with only a measley hallway to hide in.

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

SO glad you guys are okay. I don't like to see the little towns my friends live in right in the path of those big meanies!

KrissyBo. said...

Gosh, that's so scary! I'm so glad you and your family are safe. :)

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you guys are alright!

The Soladay Family said...

How scary! My kids would be fine, but my dogs would be crazy!

Impulsive Addict said...

OMG! I'm so glad you're all ok. Those tornadoes have no mercy!

Kasey said...

how scary! one of the many things i dislike about the midwest.
xo

FrenchGardenHouse said...

How scary. I am sure that wasn't that much fun. So sorry, but so relieved you are all okay.:)
xo Lidy

morewineplease said...

so glad you guys are ok... that was scary!! hugs!