Thursday, March 12, 2009

Tortilla Soup Thursday

{Picture borrowed from the Net}

TORTILLA SOUP: {DON'T BE AFRAID OF THIS RECIPE, IT IS EASY}
1 4oz. can of green chilis
1 onion (chopped up)
2 garlic cloves (I used a couple of spoonfuls of garlic in a jar)
1/2 jalapeno (I used a whole one and took the seeds out and chopped it up)
2 TBS of olive oil
Saute above ingredients until onions are soft and look done.

In a large pot pour all of this in while you're above ingredients are cooking.
2 14oz. cans of diced tomatoes
1 TBS fresh cilantro (USE FRESH)
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 10oz. can tomato soup
2 cups of chicken (before I did anything I had 3 skinless chicken tenders baking in the oven)
1/2 tsp. sugar
1 14 oz. beef broth
1 14 oz. chicken broth
Side Note: I added corn to this, you could also add black beans if you fancy!

When top ingredients have cooked throw into pot of broth. Get your chicken out of the oven when it's done and pull it with a fork and cut into small pieces. Throw it in pot of soup.

Enjoy your soup topped with sour cream and/or sliced avocado. Yum-o-licious!! ...and shredded cheese.

Don't forget to throw some tortilla chips broken up into each person's bowl. Good times folks!!

Avocado Dip/Guacamole
Slice up several avocados...don't mush them up.
Slice and dice up some tomatoes.
Slice and dice up some onion.
Dash in some garlic salt.
Dash in some black pepper.
Throw in salt.
Squeeze lime all over it.
Mix together gently without mushing everything together.

DO NOT EVER PUT SOUR CREAM IN YOUR GUACAMOLE...IT'S JUST NOT RIGHT! I'M NOT SAYING I'VE NEVER DONE THIS B/C I USE TO, BUT YOU WILL NEVER GO BACK IF YOU EAT IT THIS WAY. OK, THANKS FOR SHOPPING!

P.S. Have a nice beer with this dinner and you will thank me. Maybe throw a little lime and salt on your cold glass and you'll be even happier. :)
Again: Thanks for shopping!




4 comments:

Caleb said...

Mmm, that looks good.

I'll probably make it with tomato paste instead of tomato soup just for the texture, but I bet it's delicious either way.

Impulsive Addict said...

Ummm..it's way too many ingredients for this gourmet chef but it sounds delish! I made a crockpot recipe tonight and it sucked. I guess I won't be posting that recipe!

The Soladay Family said...

I just told my hubby that we are making this sometime this weekend! Looks so good!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds really good!