Thursday, December 18, 2008

I'm not losing it


Just trying to get things done.

Christmas shopping, packing, laundry, feeding kids, changing diapers....ya, know all that mom stuff. Overwhelmed is how I'm feeling, but I'm trying to trick myself into thinking that I have all the time in the world so that I can stay calm. I also need to make something this evening for L's Christmas party at school tomorrow. Here's what I'm thinking...I could just wrap myself up in that pretty and soft blanket behind me and not think about any of it. No, No?!? This is what I'll really do............
1. Change clothes, put makeup on....look like a normal person.
2. Call the Jeff...have him pick up some items for me today and I'll get my things done here. Ok, that's logical thinking.
3. Wrap presents when young-ins nap this afternoon.
4. Next year..............DO NOT WAIT TO GET THINGS DONE UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE!

This just in. B told me she was going to get something to fix my hair with b/c she said my hair looks kinda disgusting. Nice thought coming from my 3 year old. {Thanks for keeping it real girl!}

10 comments:

Something In The Glass said...

I think you're hair looks really cute! What do three year olds know, anyway?? :o)

Kacey said...

I want that soft coz blanket pulleeez! I have a dirty kitchen staring at me. I'm going to sneeze and cough may way in there. Good luck with all of your stuff - I'm sure you will get it done. And if time runs short - that is what gift bags are for! :o)

Multislacking Mama said...

B reminds me of that part of the movie Mean Girls when Regina tells her mom, "Mom, go fix your hair."

Girl.

WV: catio

Phrase: My cats sleep in the catio at night.

Anonymous said...

Whew! You have a lot to do. Good luck with all of it.

3 Peanuts said...

Ouch~ I think your hair looks cute!

Kim

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Hey, this morning Dacey told me, "Mama - you smell DIRTY." Nice.

I think everyone is feeling a little overwhelmed with all the Christmas-y-ness right now. If it makes you feel any better, I haven't wrapped a single present. Not a one. Don't even have any wrapping paper yet.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

KrissyBo. said...

Aww, bless your heart! If it makes ya feel any better, Jakey said "shooo!" to me the other day when I let a windy. :) It made me laugh so hard I nearly peed my pants! :)

michelle matthews said...

Awe! Your hair is pretty!
Sounds like you put together a great plan!

Katy said...

Stopping by to say HI! I was blog hopping and noticed you and I have the same name...which wouldn't be a big deal except that spelling our name with a Y is more unusual than an IE. So...hello fellow Katy!!! :)

Mandy Rose said...

This time of year is so overwhelming!! So much to do..so little time! We all feel your pain. Hang in there! Gift bags all the way! I hardly ever wrap (except for my son's gifts).