Wednesday, November 12, 2008

How daring are you when your hubby isn't home?

My mind is veering toward the "design" department or the lack thereof. On many occasions my husband has come home to ripped up carpet, a room rearranged, a room completely painted or what have you. I actually ripped up carpet we had in our bathrooms (yes, I said bathrooms ....yuck) while he was outside mowing. When he came back in we had newly tiled floors....well, new to us. I LOVE seeing what is under carpet, behind wall-paper, etc....it's like finding a treasure. In our den we have parquet flooring underneath the carpet and I have a ripped up 3 ft. area to prove it. There are many projects in my home that have yet to be finished because of my creative imagination and curiosity that gets the better of me. Our master bedroom that I painted last week was while he was gone.
Here's where the word "daring" comes into play. I read a blog the other day about a wife/ mother that had granite counter tops put down while her husband was gone. Haaaaaaaaaaa, I couldn't imagine. I don't know if I envy her or what, but I did laugh. Maybe I should have that new flooring put down when Jeff is out of town next. (Before you have a heart attack, I'm joking Jeff.) I seriously just cannot imagine doing this, although it would be fun.
So, readers here's where you come in..............

*What do YOU do when your other half is gone?* (No it doesn't have to be a design story, but I would appreciate it if you kept it clean.....he he, thanks.)

P.S. If you are lucky I might just get snap happy and take some pics. of some of my half done home projects. What'dya think?

9 comments:

morewineplease said...

when is Kenny is gone I watch chick flicks... and shop :)

Rosemarie said...

I clean out my car and bring in all my treasures that I don't want him to see ... I sorta just let them blend in, like they were always there.

Or I order Domino's.

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

OH! I wanna see pics of half-done projects. PLEEEEEEEASE?

Um, let's see . . . when Kyle is gone, I don't cook any meals (the girls prefer sandwiches and cereal to anything I cook anyway) and don't worry about picking up toys at the end of the day. When the girls are in bed, I sit down in front of the computer for MAJOR blog surf time! I am SUCH a nerd.

By the way, Kyle would LOVE it if he came home to a new home improvement project. Less work for him! hee

Rosemarie said...

Ooo - thought of another one ... I clean out the fridge. He hates when we waste food.

Katy said...

Rosemarie, Mama K does that as well.

Browns said...

I do nothing! Just veg out--and I love it!

Multislacking Mama said...

Not daring at all. I usually just try to survive until bed time for the LM's.

Jen said...

It is so funny that you posted this. While my husband was on a hunting trip this past week, I had my dad instal a new fireplace mantel AND I painted our bathroom. Hahaha! He always thinks I am overdoing it with the decorating and re-decorating in our house. I think its just that he doesn't want to have to do any of it. So...that is why I always do at least two home projects every time he goes hunting. hahahahaha!

Mandy Rose said...

I don't think it would matter if my hubby was home or not if we were doing "do it yourself" home projects...both of us are on about the same level when it comes to that. He is definitely not a "handy" man. Don't get me wrong, he's a great business man...but the line stops there. haha! When he's away, I tend to SHOP! :) Thanks for commenting on my blog!