Wednesday, September 16, 2009

{Being Grateful and Embarrassed in one day}

My friends, I have lovely news. My friends, I have embarrassing news.

I HAVE literally been obsessed/consumed with trying to find the "perfect, great deal" of a stroller. WHY? There are several reasons that I could go on and on about, but I will not. I won't do this because I'm completely embarrassed by my behavior. Obsessing over something materialistic is NOT a good thing. THINGS don't matter. I wasted two precious days glancing at the internet every time I got a chance, when I could have been doing other things......chores in my home, making an art project with my two year old.....whatever.
Please, don't waste your thoughts on "things"..they don't matter, they don't make us better people, they don't bring us lifelong happiness.

My lovely news is this, I called two friends today. I asked the first friend to be on the lookout for me a used stroller to purchase (she owns a Stroller Fit franchise), I then called another friend and asked her if she possibly had an old jogging stroller (she has four kids and loves working out) AND SHE DID!!!!! Woo Hoo, best part is........she GAVE it to me and it was FREE and it works just fine and dandy (it sort of pulls to the left, but that's beside the point..he he).

The stroller is "shabby chic", and I appreciate it very much. I will use my "well-loved" stroller and if a great deal comes along that I just can't pass up, I will get a new one. End of story. No more obsessing though. Until then, we will take our family walks/runs/bike rides and enjoy every second of it.
What is it that you tend to obsess over? Is it consuming your days and your thoughts?

Riches are meaningless

1Timothy 6:7 For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it.

Grace be with you,

7 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

I get obsessed with finding the perfect Christmas present for my kids a the price I want to pay. So I end up on eBay spending far to much of my time on there and not buying a dang thing.

Kasey said...

i guess i'm obsessed with plum boots at the moment.
good luck with the stroller.
xo

Mommy Mac said...

Shoes.

It's a problem.

I think I'm almost over it.

Only I have another.

Making my neice handmade and personalized clothing. I have 5 of 7 outfits made.

Each with applique, monogram or name, beaucoups of ribbon and ruffles.

There are:

3 year round outfits
2 Halloween outfits.

Left:

another year round outfit and a Christmas outfit.

Which I am sure I will add about 4 more Christmas outfits to the list before November hits.

Cause that's what I do.

But I am working on it!

Thanks for stopping by and entering my giveaway. Good luck to you!

I will definitely sign up for your giveaway!!

.mac :)

Something In The Glass said...

Thanks for that reminder... I've become obsessed with purses again. I just recently got some golf clubs and all I could think was... "I could have gotten the purse of my dreams for that." It's sad that I would second the purchase of something that will allow Hubby and I to have a shared hobby in favor of a purse.

Oh well, I'm a work in progress.

Anonymous said...

My obsession at the moment is all things to do with stationary. It's nice to see you again!

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

Sounds like you made out perfectly with the stroller! We love getting things second hand and then love passing them along as well. It's okay to be obsessed with material things once in a while. It's nice to get new things now and again! My obsession is purses. I have to stop myself from looking on Etsy.
~Michelle

Multislacking Mama said...

Sister, I tend to obsess over lots of things. Material things, silly thoughts that make me laugh, scary thoughts that make me cry, a pair of zebra striped shoes made my day... (and I got a good deal so I refuse to feel bad about that).

Very nice post, girlfriend. I love you and miss you. Don't feel too bad, sometimes our minds need a distraction from things that are just too much.